Thursday, May 13, 2010

Picking Flowers

August always gets to be very busy around here. Much of our garden bounty is ready to harvest in August. We spend a lot of time picking, preparing, and preserving food. Sometimes we forget to slow down and enjoy the beauty around us. I am glad I have P to remind me of that. She picks a little bouquet of flowers EVERY time we go to the garden. Luckily she has a long row of flowers to choose from each time.

Picking flowers

I like growing things such as fruit trees, raspberries, and rhubarb that come back every year. We are getting our first peaches this year from trees that we planted.

231

We also get fruit from pear and apple trees that were planted long before we moved here.

Pear This is the time when I start to think about what I want to do differently in the garden next year. What new things do I want to plant? I think about which grew easily and which things are easiest to preserve etc. First on the garden list for next year - picking flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment